Here is the schedule as of today, Monday Oct. 13. For updates please check the PodCampHawaii website.
|Friday, Oct. 24|
|Panel: Sid, Lindsea, Aaron, Christa||(coming)||Why Blog?||*|
|Shane Robinson||Shane on Twitter||“How-to Basics”||*|
|Nathan Say||Center for Disabilities Studies, UH Manoa||“Radical Inclusion: Blogging to the Masses”||*|
|Charlene Amsden and
|Quilly’s Pacific … Paradise? and
|“Making Things Personal”||*|
|Saturday, Oct. 25|
|Lorelle VanFossen||Lorelle on WordPress and Woopra||“Woopra: It Just Takes One”||*|
|Holly Hagen||hotstudio.com||“Standing out from the crowd: You, Your Brand, and Your WordPress Theme”||*|
|Matt Mullenweg||ma.tt||“The State of the Word”||*|
|Bill Sodeman||Billso.com||“How to blog Your Career Without Breaking Your Budget”||*|
|Ian Lind||ilind.net||“Don’t try this at home: Avoiding wrecks on the bloggers’ highway”||*|
We are thrilled that these speakers will be joining us at WordCamp!
- Matt Mullenweg (you know, the WordPress guy?)
- Lorelle VanFossen, Lorelle on WordPress
- Eric Nakagawa, i can has cheezburgers
- Shane Robinson, Bare Feet Studios
- Professor Bill Sodeman, billso.com
- Ian Lind, Hawaii’s first news blogger
- Holly Hagen, Once upon a school, WP Screencasts and way more
- Ryan Ozawa, Hawaii Blog and others
We’re organizing a free Podcamp and Wordcamp here in Hawaii. In case you’re not familiar, those are “unconferences” where people learn about podcasting, blogging, and WordPress blogging software. It is open to the public, anyone can speak who has a case study or tips to share, and everyone is invited!
These are great opportunities for non-profits and small businesses to learn how to use these free and powerful internet tools to communicate their message out to the public.
I would be happy to speak with you or you can visit our site and read all about it. On the Wiki link is where you can sign up to speak on a topic of your choice. We are also putting together a few panel discussions, so let me know if you are interested in that possibility.
Feel free to contact me about this event for details, if you’re interested in speaking or just helping with WordCamp or PodCamp. You can also register to attend (for free!). It’s all happening on Oct. 24-25, 2008 at the Honolulu Convention Center.
wordcamp (at) manymedia (dot) com
DAY 1: Getting Started
Morning: What’s it all about?
1. What’s a blog? what’s a WordPress? How do I get started?
2. Using blogs to empower your voice (use cases panel)
3. Using multimedia in your blog (use cases panel, how to)
Afternoon: Deeper Dive
4. Developing and designing for visitors (social tools)
5. Team blogging, Business Blogging
6 & 7. Hands-on help sessions: Let’s get started!
DAY 2: REALLY Getting Started
Morning: About Hawai’i
1. Keeping Traditions Alive (educational/non-profit uses)
2. Tourism and blogging (why does my cafe/hotel/store need a blog?)
3. Blogging Remotely/virtual presence (blogging from the islands)
Afternoon: Fitting Pieces Together
4. WordPress and Static website integration
5. Databases and blogging
6. RSS. usability, security, monetizing, and other technical terms (panel)
We’re busy planning WordCamp Hawaii.
Our WordCamp is a track in a bigger un-conference: PodCampHawaii. Please check back here for plans as they evolve, and check our main event website for more information.
Wanna help? Please contact me.
judic (at) manymedia (dot) com